8/01/2013

My first week of the summer.

As this blog regard English online Summer course 2013 I am going to tell you about my first week of summer.  I think that everyone will agree with me that summer wonderful time of the year. Also I have birthday in the beginning of summer. In this year I have got unexpected surprise – week in Greece, on Corfu.   I believe that everything was perfect. We were lucky with whether because in Greece is too hot in June and August. When we were there it was about 25 degree and it was very comfortable. We could visit a lot interesting places, took long hikes, explore all northern part of island. In is great place for rest but not for living. Now this country has deep economical crisis and I saw signs of this crisis everywhere. But let’s talk about nature, sea, mountains and flowers. It is favorite place for rest people from England. Therefore I have opportunity to practice my English a little bit. All native people who work in tourist area know English very well and  it is not amazing because they have practice daily)))

Corfu from bird's-eye view

It is really hot and humidity climate there – oranges grow on trees.

Day first – sunset


On the next day we visited main city of island Kerkira. Actually, it is main and single city on this island. We had wonderful trip in ancient part of town. We enjoyed architecture, trees, flowers and sea.

Amazing tree

Flowers

Real live cactus. I never seen such before.


This island has very rich history and in different centuries different nations live there and own this place. Venetians owned this island about 400 years, Turkey tried to conquer island, after 1797 year France was there and in 1816 it became a colony of England at last in 1864 it became a part of Greece. Therefore in architecture in of ancient city we found French’s square. In little café everybody drink coffe ET with glass of cold water.


Sometimes I fill like I was  in Italy because of  narrow streets paved with stone


But no it is Greece. All culture, customs, traditions  mixed in one place and turned one unique absorbed all the best.




Corfu situated near Italy. From sea port of Kerkira   to Bari (Italy) every week travel big ship like this one. Unfortunately we didn’t have time to do this trip but took a photo of ship. Sometimes maybe we will do it.



On the third day we have opportunity to hiking. The length of the route was approximately 5 kilometers and we went around bay from coast to coast.  Few photos. 



We spent about 4 hours on a road and at least reached very beautiful bay  - Agios (saint) Spiridon bay, with white stones and unbelievable color of water in the sea.  The coast that you can see in the distance it is Albania. From that bay it is about 3 kilometers by  the sea to it’s coast.





We have rest and dinner in café and meet there young couple with cute children from England. They live somewhere on west of country and they have sophisticated accent it was hard to understand their speech, especially for me because I am not expert in English.))))


The next day    - and the next adventure. We rented a car and explored locality. At this time our route was much longer above 200 km. But we saw everything! The whole island is covered with olive woods, olive trees grow everywhere.


Saint Georgios bay

We climbed on the mountain and watched Saint Georgios bay from the high


Famous Palokastrica





The highest peak of island Pantokrator mountain 906 m


View on Kerkira


Quiet bay


The rest days we spent time on beach and enjoy doing nothing.


Taking everything into consideration I would like to add that East or West home is best! 
I hope that soon I could make the same photo report about my new home  - Morden! I am looking forward for this opportunity.  
I hope that you like my report. See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Daria. I think you should replace "sometimes" with "one day" or "someday". I'm glad to know that you are going live in Morden. Me too. So let me add you at Google+ and Facebook. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daria, pretty nice presentation. Greeks should use it in a promotional purposes for Corfu island.:)

    ReplyDelete